- Foundation Stage
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Year 6 Transition 2020
- Assessment Without Levels
- Assessment Information For Parents
- Our School Curriculum
- Long-Term Curriculum Planning
- National Curriculum
- Reading and Phonics
- Collective Worship & SIAMs
- Compassion Collective Worship
- Digital Leaders
- Maths Learning
Reading and Phonics
The Teaching of Reading at Dishforth CE Primary School
At Dishforth CE Primary, we believe in the importance of developing a love of reading from an early age. Reading and phonics are taught using the Ruth Miskin Read Write Inc programme which "enables every child to become a confident and fluent reader at the first attempt."
Click here to download a useful leaflet with some ideas on how to support your child with Literacy:
At Dishforth CE Primary School, we believe in:
- A literacy-rich curriculum will immerse children in high-quality texts. Children will develop into confident readers and writers with the acquisition of rich language. Children will develop a lifelong love of reading and writing.
High-quality texts are at the heart of our teaching of reading and writing and we use Power of Reading resources from the Centre for Primary Literacy.